On 11/15/2013 08:47 PM, Junk wrote:
Juan Hernandez <jhern...@redhat.com> wrote:

    On 11/13/2013 10:11 PM, Junk wrote:

        Hi I was having odd issues with my IPA domain so rather than
        troubleshoot it properly I thought it would be a good idea to
        remove it
        and then add it again.

        I removed it with
        engine-manage-domains -action=delete -domain=clarkconnect.lan

        and when I try to add it with
        engine-manage-domains -action=add -domain=clarkconnect.lan
        -user=admin
        -provider=IPA -interactive

        which worked fine the first time I get

        General error has occurednull
        java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
        at

sun.security.jgss.krb5.CipherHelper.aes256Encrypt(CipherHelper.java:1367)
        at
        sun.security.jgss.krb5.CipherHelper.encryptData(CipherHelper.java:722)
        at sun.security.jgss.krb5.WrapToken_v2.<init>(WrapToken_v2.java:200)
        at sun.security.jgss.krb5.Krb5Context.wrap(Krb5Context.java:861)
        at sun.security.jgss.GSSContextImpl.wrap(GSSContextImpl.java:385)
        at
        com.sun.security.sasl.gsskerb.GssKrb5Base.wrap(GssKrb5Base.java:104)
        at
        com.sun.jndi.ldap.sasl.SaslOutputStream.write(SaslOutputStream.java:89)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.Connection.writeRequest(Connection.java:430)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapClient.search(LdapClient.java:555)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.doSearch(LdapCtx.java:1985)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.searchAux(LdapCtx.java:1847)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_search(LdapCtx.java:1772)
        at

com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_search(ComponentDirContext.java:386)
        at

com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:356)
        at

com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(PartialCompositeDirContext.java:339)
        at

javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.search(InitialDirContext.java:267)
        at
        org.ovirt.engine.core.ldap.RootDSEData.<init>(RootDSEData.java:52)
        at

org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.kerberos.JndiAction.getDomainDN(JndiAction.java:257)
        at
        org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.kerberos.JndiAction.run(JndiAction.java:87)
        at

org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.kerberos.KerberosConfigCheck.promptSuccessfulAuthentication(KerberosConfigCheck.java:174)
        at

org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.kerberos.KerberosConfigCheck.validateKerberosInstallation(KerberosConfigCheck.java:150)
        at

org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.kerberos.KerberosConfigCheck.checkInstallation(KerberosConfigCheck.java:135)
        at

org.ovirt.engine.core.domains.ManageDomains.checkKerberosConfiguration(ManageDomains.java:746)
        at

org.ovirt.engine.core.domains.ManageDomains.testConfiguration(ManageDomains.java:917)
        at

org.ovirt.engine.core.domains.ManageDomains.addDomain(ManageDomains.java:539)
        at

org.ovirt.engine.core.domains.ManageDomains.runCommand(ManageDomains.java:311)
        at
        org.ovirt.engine.core.domains.ManageDomains.main(ManageDomains.java:206)
        at

        at

        at org.jboss.modules.Module.run(Module.java:260)
        at org.jboss.modules.Main.main(Main.java:291)
        Failure while testing domain %1$s. Details: %2$s: One of the
        parameters
        for this error is null and no default message to show

        in the engine-manage-domains.log I get

        2013-11-13 20:53:41,318 INFO
        [org.ovirt.engine.core.domains.ManageDomains] Creating kerberos
        configuration for domain(s): clarkconnect.lan
        2013-11-13 20:53:41,525 INFO
        [org.ovirt.engine.core.domains.ManageDomains] Successfully created
        kerberos configuration for domain(s): clarkconnect.lan
        2013-11-13 20:53:41,526 INFO
        [org.ovirt.engine.core.domains.ManageDomains] Testing kerberos
        configuration for domain: clarkconnect.lan
        2013-11-13 20:53:48,718 ERROR
        [org.ovirt.engine.core.domains.ManageDomains] Failure while testing
        domain %1$s. Details: %2$s: One of the parameters for this error
        is null
        and no default message to show

        any ideas?

        Junk

    We have seen a similar issue with OpenLDAP that required to set the
    minimum security strength factor (SSF) to 1 instead of the default 0.
    This default triggers a bug in the Java virtual machine Kerberos support.

    IPA us
      es the
    389 directory server, and it also has the possibility to
    configure this, as described here:

    http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Minimum_SSF_Setting

    To check that you can run a query like this in your IPA installation:

    # kinit admin
    # ldapsearch \
    -H ldap://your_ipa_server \
    -Y GSSAPI \
    -LLL \
    -b 'cn=config' \
    -s base \
    nsslapd-minssf

    The output will probably be like this:

    dn: cn=config
    nsslapd-minssf: 0

    The important thing there is the value 0. You can try to change it to 1,
    via LDAP or modifying directly the file
    /etc/dirsrv/slapd-YOUR-REALM/dse.ldif. Do this with the directory server
    stopped, and remember how to revert it in case things fail.

    Let us know if this helps.

    By the way, for those interested in how to change this in OpenLDAP, it
    requires
    something like this:

    # cat > fixssf.ldif <<'.'
    dn: cn=config
    replace: olcSaslSecProps
    olcSaslSecProps: noanonymous,noplain,minssf=1
    -
    .

    # ldapmodify -H ldapi:/// -Y EXTERNAL -f fixssf.ldif

That did the trick. I edited the file as I had no hope of getting an
ldapmodify command going on my own. That's why I installed IPA in the
first place. :)
--
Junk.