On 11/21/2013 12:33 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
On 11/21/2013 08:27 PM, Thomas Suckow wrote:
I am running several RHEL6 vms in ovirt. I am looking to install the
guest agent.

The releases repo has ovirt-guest-agent-common and EPEL has
ovirt-guest-agent. Which of these should I use?
I see in the release repo:
ovirt-guest-agent-1.0.8-1.el6.noarch.rpm
http://resources.ovirt.org/releases/3.3/rpm/EL/6Server/noarch/
?
I'm an idiot. There is totally ovirt-guest-agent. I am still going to use the EPEL since for some reason the ovirt el6 repo is being wierd on my system (404 error). Probably the corporate proxy.
How is this distinct from qemu-guest-agent?
qemu-guest-agent is a newcomer. ovirt uses some functionality from
qemu-guest-agent, and for what's not covered by qemu-guest-agent, uses
ovirt-guest-agent.
Cool
If I were to install an Ubuntu vm, what should I do about the guest agent?
use this:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-September/016308.html
I'll keep that in mind.

Many thanks, even if I was chasing my own tail.

-
Thomas