Dne 2.12.2013 10:35, Oved Ourfalli napsal(a):
Hi Everyone

I thought of adding a new public Glance image repository on oVirt.org, to be
used in different oVirt environments.
The nice thing about glance compared to current export domain is that it can be
attached to multiple oVirt environments / data centers, so it can be a public
image repository everyone can use.

Would you see such a repository as useful?
Would you use it?

What type of images/virtual appliances would you find beneficial to have there?

If you're interested let me know. If we see enough traction for it then I'll
set it up.

Thank you,
Oved
Hello,

I think it is great idea. But if I may, I have some thoughts/questions...

Will that Glance repository be fast enough?

Who will provide images to that repository?

Will be the security of those images somehow guaranteed?

About systems: It could be useful for testing days. You know, Fedora XYZ testing day prepared images and so on. Fedora stable, beta. Centos stable. Ubuntu LTS. Debian Stable and Testing. I can imagine lots of images based on products, like fedora with foreman, fedora with (free)ipa, centos with DNS, firewall based distribution and lot of more. :-)