On 12/09/2013 06:51 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 05:27:16PM +0100, Nathanaël Blanchet wrote:
Hello,

Is hot add ram to a vm is supported by ovirt, or is it planned to be?

Not at the moment, I'm afraid. For some use cases, the recomended
approach is to start a VM with way-too-much ram, but inflate a big
balloon in it. When more memory is required on the VM, set a higher
guaranteed level of RAM.

Dan.

we're working on hot add cpu now. then we'll start looking into hot add ram. may i ask which guest OS are you looking at and the use case you are trying to solve?

thanks,
   Itamar