On 12/10/2013 4:54 AM, Itamar Heim wrote:
btw, what happens if you boot from [disk, pxe] - if the disk doesn't have anything on it, its supposed to pass to 2nd boot device, then on restart it will be ok?

Yes, that's the behavior on both ovirt and ESXi when creating a new VM. The problem is when you need to reinstall that VM. On ESXi I can hit F12 on boot to PXE boot, OS re-installs, then boots normally to disk. On ovirt, I have to select Run Once, move PXE to the top, re-install, when the installer auto reboots, it goes back into PXE mode and starts reinstalling again. I have to watch the console and power off at the right time, then power back on in normal mode.

A better behavior for Run Once would be just that...Run once...If the guest reboots Run Once should power off, or go back to normal boot behavior. But I suppose that depends upon what your definition of Run Once is.

The ESXi BIOS is a Pheonix BIOS and in this case, functions just like a bare metal BIOS, like the ovirt Sea BIOS should :)