On 12/11/2013 02:12 PM, Einav Cohen wrote:
NFSv4: requires no firewall configuration (although I thought oVirt
handled this automatically - did you change your firewall config after
host-deploy?)
did I change my firewall config on my Host, you mean (i.e. the storage client)?
I thought that it didn't matter (i.e. only storage *server* firewall proper
configuration is important)?

No, I meant the storage server. In my case I use my Node as the storage server, so host-deploy would configure the firewall for me. If you're using a separate storage server it will require manual configuration. Just as a sanity-check I'd probably try disabling the firewall temporarily on your storage server, and see if it starts working with v3. If not it's clearly something else.

There could be other issues which v4 addresses which could cause issues with v3 - firewall is just the one I've run into :). As long as you're not concerned about non-root-partition exports you're probably fine as-is (although I thought v4 support was still experimental? If not, why isn't it the default?).

Cheers,
   Bob