I cannot speak to oVirt in particular, but I run a Elastix PBX on my Xen server at home (soon to be replaced by oVirt). It is very lightly used (just my wife and I) but I have had no problems with it.

The company I work for runs our PBX (trixbox) off a VMware cluster in our colo. It consists of about 4 servers (hosts) with about 16 running VMS. We just recently switched to full VoIP, but prior to that we were using a PRI card that was accessible over IP (similar to using something like a SPA-3000 for connecting one's analog home line via Asterisk/Elastix -- which I currently do on my home setup). We did not experience any performance issues under this setup (and currently do not with our all-VoIP config)

I hope this helps.

-Alan