On 03/03/2014 12:00 PM, Gilad Chaplik wrote:
I'm not aware of this kind of feature...

You can open a RFE, and I hope we'll have the time to add it the upcoming
versions:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=oVirt

There could have been a possibly to write a cron job/similar that manage quotas
externally using oVirt public API, but unfortunately, quotas aren't exposed
there yet (on our TODO list).

BUT (there's always one  :-)), you can use quotas^^ for capping, and use
external plugin (external scheduler/ vdsm hook) that responsible for
subscription duration (integrate with 3rd party or write one your self, names
and dates- shouldn't be that hard).

keep me posted :-)

i think the right solution here is using "3rd party software" focusing on something like that, based on the data collected by ovirt engine and the dwh.
one such application would be CloudForms.
we're in the process or removing all the roadblocks to open sourcing it,
and expect to have an open source version of CloudForms in a few months.
CloudForms of course integrates with oVirt/RHEV (and many other platforms).

Thanks,
Gilad.