On 08/07/2014 03:48 PM, David BERCOT wrote:
Le Thu, 7 Aug 2014 14:03:15 +0200,
Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com> a écrit :
Il 07/ago/2014 11:44 "David BERCOT" <ovirt <ov...@bercot.org>@
<ov...@bercot.org>bercot.org <ov...@bercot.org>> ha scritto:

My really question was : is it a good idea to run the oVirt node over
another OS ? It would be more performant to run the oVirt node
directly over the hardware, like ESXi...
May be it is in the roadmap ?

VMware says esxi is a bare-metal hypervisor and there is not an
underlying os. Someone else says it is based on vmkernel operating
system ( where vmkernel is defined as a posix-like operating system).
In my opinion the oVirt node is to be intended something like ESXi: an
os with the smallest possible footprint, dedicated to run as a KVM
hypervisor. The difference being that it is based on Linux and not
developed from scratch.

It is OK for me to have an oVirt node similar to ESXi, except that it
is based on Linux.
But on the oVirt site, I've found oVirt node packages to install over
RH, Fedora, Debian, CentOS, etc...
Is there a "dedicated" oVirt-node ISO, based on the Linux kernel, but
optimized for KVM, without other kernel modules we can see on RH,
Fedora, Debian, CentOS, etc... ?

oVirt-node is not installed "on an OS", its an image you install on bare metal. ovirt node is a trimmed down .el6 with the necessary packages to be managed by ovirt. you can choose to use normal .el6/fedora, and use them as hosts via the engine gui, it will deploy/configure these packages as well.