Answer to the question about removing the Posix FS ... yes, putting that domain in maintenance mode does in fact restore hostA to its former glory.

-Eric
Eric Horne <mailto:ov...@box11.org>
Monday, August 18, 2014 8:53 PM
I have a home lab in which I am learning about oVirt, but I'm having some trouble and thought some kind souls out there could point me in the right direction.

There are two servers, each server in it's own cluster (long story, but that's how it is). I'm on oVirt 3.4.x on both hosts, and the hosts are running CentOS 6.5. A third machine is acting as the engine, so nothing too funky there -- it too is running CentOS 6.5. I created a Posix Compliant FS on one of the hosts (hostB). It is a LVM device where I carved out 100GB from an existing volume group. The storage worked great, I moved an imported server there and it runs beautifully. However... the other host (hostA) is now in a "non-operational" state because it can't get to the LVM device of hostB. Since it's a local device on hostB, I am not surprised that hostA can't get to it; nevertheless, hostA thinks it is in a bad state and every minute tries to migrate the guests it is hosting off to another host (except there are no other hosts because I don't have the hardware yet).

Also hostB has somehow become the SPM -- but I'd prefer hostA to be the SPM; it has better connectivity.

So.. questions:
1) I read on the Internet somehwhere that this could be a caching issue and that restarting the host could fix it. Any thoughts on that? 2) Is there something I should do to make the Posix Compliant FS accessible to hostA? 3) Would removing the Posix Compliant FS bring hostA back into happiness without a reboot?
4) How do I force hostA to be the SPM or revoke hostB's SPM status?

Thanks for your time and help!

-Eric