On 09/08/2014 03:05 PM, Jimmy Dorff wrote:
On 09/08/2014 05:54 AM, Finstrle, Ludek wrote:

I think about two possibilities:
1) One central Engine
- how to manage guests when connection drop between engine and node
- latency is up to 1 second is it ok even with working connection?

I had a similar design on a Univ. campus and had problems. Ovirt engine would have problems with the state of remote hosts. VMs ran OK, but it wasn't "clean". I would recommend having a fast, reliable network between the engine and the hosts.

-Jimmy

Also thinking about this. Maybe we should create an RFE for an oVirt smartproxy... Like we have with The Foreman.

The proxy will handle all the local Datacenter things and the central engine the gui etc.

Currently we plan one ovirt per Datacenter or a dedicated management link between two DC's.

Kind regards,

Jorick Astrego