On 09/10/2014 03:44 PM, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
Le 10/09/2014 13:36, Martin Mucha a écrit :
just to add one more comment: nothing changes for MACs allocated
using previous MacPoolRange. After MacPoolRange change, they will be
treated like user specified MAC addresses, which also don't have to
be part of any range.

OK.

I'm asking about banning, because I witnessed that when (ovirt-shell)
provisionning a new VM and its nic with a MAC outside of the pool range,
the adding gets refused.
I still dare not changing it unless you swear and sign it with your
blood that this macpoolrange modification won't prevent me from running
my existing VMs.

that's strange, since you should be able to set any mac you want iirc. mac pool is just for engine auto assigning.

m.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Itamar Heim" <ih...@redhat.com>
To: "Nicolas Ecarnot" <nico...@ecarnot.net>, users@ovirt.org, "Lior
Vernia" <lver...@redhat.com> Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014
12:43:12 PM Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] Modify the MacPoolRange :
Former MACs?

On 09/10/2014 09:47 AM, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
Hi,

I plan to extend the MacPoolRange.

If I also completely change the pool, in a way that does not
implies the previous setting, will the manager ban all the previous
MACs, now outside the defined pool? (and stop the VMs?)

Regards,

no, just affect future mac allocations.