On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 01:21:27AM +0000, Phil Daws wrote:
> Yes, thank you Robert.  The hook is working wonderfully!  Have a single NIC
> on the VDSM host configured with public IP, then OVS installed, and VLANs
> hanging off that to a guest which is acting as the firewall to internal/NAT
> systems.
>
> [root@vmh01 ~]# ovs-vsctl show
> 077da472-acf6-4141-bd9d-8e42047d3efc
>     Bridge "ovsbr0"
>         Port "vnet4"
>             tag: 14
>             Interface "vnet4"
>         Port "vnet2"
>             tag: 10
>             Interface "vnet2"
>         Port "ovsbr0"
>             Interface "ovsbr0"
>                 type: internal
>         Port "vnet3"
>             tag: 14
>             Interface "vnet3"
>         Port "vnet1"
>             tag: 8
>             Interface "vnet1"
>     ovs_version: "2.3.90"

Thank you both for your contributions!

>From a software design PoV, we'd better not duplicate the extnet code.
If a bug is found and fixed in extnet,
http://www.ovirt.org/VDSM-Hooks/network-nat would have to be updated as
well.

It would be more elegant to ship an additional script with an independent
custom property, say "ovs_portgroup". This script would run after extnet
does, and would add the portgroup attribute to to the proper element.

Who's posting this to gerrit first?

Dan.