From: Elad Ben Aharon [mailto:ebena...@redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 4, 2015 8:56 AM
To: Steven M. Bellistri
Cc: Aharon Canan; users@ovirt.org
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] importing iscsi storage domain

Hi Steven,

In order to import the VMs from the imported storage domain, the VMs
configuration files (which are called OVFs) have to be uploaded first before
the domain is detached from the setup. This is being done by engine in a time
interval of 60 minutes (it's configurable using rhevm-config --set
OvfUpdateInMinutes=<value> and restart ovirt-engine service). From 3.5.1, the
OVFs are uploaded once you move the storage domain to maintenance.  did you do
so in the original RHEV environment? What was the version of this environment?
If you didn't deactivate the domain in the first environment and then tried to
attach it to the DR environment, the existence of the VMs in the domain depends
on the OVFs upload that was supposed to be done by the first engine, which is
being done every 60 minutes as explained, so if you've created those VMs and
immediately destroyed the setup, those VMs probably won't be available for you
in the DR environment.

Elad Ben Aharon
RHEV-QE storage
[cid:image001.jpg@01D0405F.2C325030]