On 12/23/2015 11:00 PM, Steve Dainard wrote:
I've attached the client gluster log starting at the first log of the
same day as failure.
Nothing significant in the client log after the crash and subsequent remount. The ENODATA warnings can be ignored. There was a patch (http://review.gluster.org/#/c/12015/) to change the log level, let me check if it has made it to a recent release version.

The brick logs are all 0 file size on all of the replica 3 nodes... I
just set 'gluster volume set vm-storage diagnostics.brick-log-level
WARNING' but I'm not immediately seeing any logging to disk.

I've also attached the compute1 vdsm.log file, which over the same
time period is able to dd successfully so perhaps this discounts a
storage side issue? I've also attached compute2 (failed node) for
comparison.

Ravi - I'm not familiar with core files, would this be in a non-devel
version of gluster? Or is this something I can enable? I don't mind
enabling it now if it could help diagnose a future issue.

You should get the core files even on the non-devel versions. I think the method to enable core files and its location is distribution specific (depending on whether it uses abrt, systemd etc.) but you can check for ulimit, and /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern settings in general. On my Fedora 23 machine, I get them on /core.pid_of_the_process>.

The timestamp from the logs should also help in identifying the core file:

frame : type(0) op(0)
patchset: git://git.gluster.com/glusterfs.git
signal received: 6
time of crash:
2015-12-22 23:04:00

Regards,