> Le 30 mai 2016 à 15:01, Michal Skrivanek <michal.skriva...@redhat.com> a
> écrit :
>

>> On 30 May 2016, at 14:57, Fabrice Bacchella <fabrice.bacche...@orange.fr>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Running with selinux disabled is not recommended nor supported.
>>> It should be easy to skip over that problem, but in general this is not
>>> something you should hit in normal environment
>>
>> That's very theorical recommandation. selinux is very very often disabled,
>> because nobody really understand it.
>
> It is not theoretical, it’s mandatory. there is an assumption it is enabled,
> after bare OS installation it is enabled, so when you disable it it is an
> explicit decision done by the admin for some reason. What did you find not
> working? Did you really encounter anything not being solved by setting
> Permissive mode instead disabling completely?

What's the purpose of permissive ? if everything is allowed, what selinux is
good for ? Instead of having something that run doing nothing, I shutdown it,
and selinux is part of that generic policy.

What is a bad practice is switching selinux on and off. So my installation
setup is done with selinux down and stay so for the whole server life of the
server.

I never met a product that requisite selinux.

And more, I just have a look at your administration guide
(http://www.ovirt.org/documentation/admin-guide/administration-guide/) and
quickstart guide
(http://www.ovirt.org/documentation/quickstart/quickstart-guide/). selinux is
never declared as mandatory. There is just a few tips about the problem that
one can have with selinux.