> On 01 Jun 2016, at 15:33, Cam Mac <iuco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am using pxeboot with oVirt, which I believe uses ipxe as it's pxe
> implementation. In our kickstart menu, we need to do a hostname lookup to
> choose the appropriate local server as there are different boot servers in
> different global locations. For this, we are currently relying upon the
> 'nslookup' command, which is available in Xen and VMWare pxe command sets,
> but the oVirt/KVM one does not have this command enabled. I've tried a
> workaround using php commands, e.g.:
>
>  <?php $ip = gethostbyname('wds'); ?>
>  set wds <?php echo $ip; ?>
>  set net0/next-server ${wds}
>
> However, this does not work. Is there a possibility to get the nslookup
> function enabled in ipxe (apparently it is a compile time option). I could
> probably recompile the pxe rom, and substitute it on my install, but then
> when I update it will get clobbered.

we’re updating to a new ipxe[1] soon, so you can give it a try if it maybe
works (i dont’ see the option added though) or if there is some other way how
to do that
otherwise I guess you would have to recompile, but if you bump up the version
yourself and put it into your own repo it should always have a precedence

Thanks,
michal