On 9/30/2016 9:28 AM, Michal Skrivanek wrote:
On 30 Sep 2016, at 03:56, Kevin Hung <kh...@nullaxiom.com> wrote:

Hello,

I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to add my Infiniband HCAs on my VM hosts to
oVirt 4.0.4. I am not using IBoIP, just plain Infiniband. I would like to be
able to pass through the card (or better yet the VF from SR-IOV) to the guest
VM.
SR-IOV should work (or general PCI passthrough), it’s then transparent to
oVirt. Did you not succeed with setting up SR-IOV or generic passthrough of the
HCA?
oVirt sees the HCA as SR-IOV capable and it sees the VFs, so I believe I have set up SR-IOV correctly. I was able to do a generic passthrough of the HCA, but I was not able to pass through the VFs to more than one VM probably because they are all in the same IOMMU group. I first tried following the oVirt 3.6 Deep Dive video on SR-IOV [1] but was stuck because of the bridging problem.

 From what I can figure out, oVirt is trying to bridge the interface but I
don't think that will work as shown here [1]. Does oVirt currently have support
for passing through Infiniband to VMs? If not, are there any plans to support
it?
Well, at least for generic passthrough the PCI device would be detached from
the host so should not be recognized/touched by oVirt networking code at all.

Thanks,
michal

[1] http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2016-July/040898.html

Thanks,