Le 04/01/2017 à 15:41, Juan Hernández a écrit :
On 01/04/2017 12:30 PM, Yaniv Kaul wrote:

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Nicolas Ecarnot <nico...@ecarnot.net
<mailto:nico...@ecarnot.net>> wrote:

     Hello,

     Le 04/01/2017 à 11:49, Nathanaël Blanchet a écrit :

         Le 04/01/2017 à 10:09, Andrea Ghelardi a écrit :

             Personally I don’t think ansible and ovirt-shell are
             mutually exclusive.

             Those who are in ansible and devops realms are not really
             scared by
             making python/ansible work with ovirt.

             From what I gather, playbooks are quite a de-facto
             pre-requisite to
             build up a real SaaC “Software as a Code” environment.

             On the other hand, ovirt-shell can and is a fast/easy way to
             perform
             “normal daily tasks”.

         totally agree but ovirt-shell is deprecated in 4.1 et will be
         removed in
         4.2. Ansible or sdk4 are proposed as an alternative.

     Could someone point me to an URL where sdk4 is fully documented, as
     I have to get ready for ovirt-shell deprecation?

The Rest API is partially documented under https://<engine>/api/model .
It's not complete yet. All new features in 4.0 are documented and we are
working on the 'older' features now.
(contributions are welcome!)

     I'm sure no one at Redhat thought about deprecating a tool in favor
     of a new one before providing a complete user doc!

In addition, the SDK RPM itself contains many examples. See [1].
(contributions are welcome!)

Y.

[1] https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk/tree/master/sdk/examples

Although these examples, I can successfully create a snapshot, but I didn't find the way to delete it...
Regarding many example, it should be possible to locate any service by :
name_service = connection.system_service().name.service()

So logically it should be doable with snapshot like
snapshots_service = connection.system_service().snapshots.service()
but : AttributeError: 'SystemService' object has no attribute 'snapshots

I saw an example into the ansible [ working ] way to do the same thing and I found this : snapshot = snapshots_service.snapshot_service(module.params['snapshot_id']).get()

How can I get this working with sdk, I mean giving snapshot_id as a parameter?

Also the complete reference documentation of the Python SDK is available
here:

   http://ovirt.github.io/ovirt-engine-sdk/v4.0/4.0.3/index.html

There also SDKs for Ruby and Java, in case Python is not your preferred
language:

   Ruby:
   https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk-ruby/tree/master/sdk
   https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-engine-sdk-ruby/tree/master/sdk/examples