Hello Rudi

If you have a 4th server it may work,but I am not knowledgeable about Gluster's GEOreplication. Perhaps someone else can advise.

With regards RAID 5 for 4 disks this is intended for capacity and as mentioned 4 disks is the maximum I would use for RAID5. As you have SSDs and intend to use a caching technique like bcache ou dm-cache this should cover the performance hit of RAID 5 write. If you consider using RAID 6 in only 4 disks you are much better of using RAID 10 then as you will have double write performance and same capacity. I normally use RAID 10 or in ZFS configurations (not this case) multiple vdevs of RAID6.

For RAID in Linux I have been using mdraid. I know LVM does some Raid but I personally never done myself so can't advise.

Regards.
Fernando