On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 5:43 PM, Harry Mallon <Harry.Mallon@codex.online> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Has anyone used oVirt with non-oVirt provided QEMU versions?
> I need a feature provided by upstream QEMU, but it is disabled in the
> oVirt/CentOS7 QEMU RPM.
>
> I have two possible methods to avoid the issue:
> 1. Fedora has a more recent QEMU which is closer to 'stock'. I see that oVirt
> 4.2 has no Fedora support,

Indeed, mostly

> but is it possible to install the host onto a Fedora machine?

Didn't try this recently, but it might require not-too-much work with
fc25 or so.
IIRC fc27 is python3-only, and this will require more work (which is
ongoing, but
don't hold your breath).

> I am trying to use the master branch rpms as recommended in the "No Fedora
> Support" note with no luck currently.

Another option is to try to rebuild the fedora srpm for CentOS 7.

> 2. Is it safe/sensible to use oVirt with a CentOS7 host running an upstream
> QEMU version?

No idea. If it's only for development/testing, I'd say give it a try.

> Thanks,
> Harry
>

> Harry Mallon
> CODEX | Senior Software Engineer
> 60 Poland Street | London | England | W1F 7NT
> E harry.mallon@codex.online | T +44 203 7000 989

Didi