On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 11:54 AM, Michal Skrivanek
<michal.skriva...@redhat.com> wrote:

>> On 15 Feb 2018, at 15:58, John Taylor <jtt77...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Nicolas,
>> I had the same problem and it looked like it was because of some older
>> vms (I believe from 3.6) that were configured with console with video
>> type of CIRRUS and protocol VNC.
>
> 3.6 had cirrus indeed. That should work. Can you somehow confirm it was
> really a 3.6 VM and it stopped working in 4.2? The exact steps are important,
> unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure they were VMs created in 3.6, but I can't say for
absolute certain.  Sorry.

>> Tracing it out it showed that the vm  libvirt xml was begin set to
>> headless.
>
> do you at least recall what cluster level version it was when it stopped
> working? The VM definition should have been changed to VGA when you move the
> VM from 3.6 cluster to a 4.0+

I upgraded from 4.1.something and I'm pretty sure at the time the
cluster level was 4.1, and those same VMs were able to get consoles.
Sorry I can't be more help now. I'll see if I have any notes that
might help me remember.