On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 7:11 PM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbona...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Adding Didi
>
> Il mar 8 mag 2018, 10:32 Jiří Sléžka <jiri.sle...@slu.cz> ha scritto:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> solution was obvious. Upgrade process modified apache's ssl.conf and
>> reverted my customization.
>>
>> for example - my custom cert...
>>
>> SSLCertificateFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/ovirt.crt.pem
>>
>> ...was replaced by this
>>
>> SSLCertificateFile /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/certs/apache.cer
>>
>> the same for SSLCertificateKeyFile and SSLCACertificateFile

Actually that was intended, see [1]. But I admit I didn't specifically
think about 3rd-party CAs, sorry.

You were notified about this by engine-setup, right?

"Apache httpd SSL was already configured in the past,
but some needed changes are missing there.
Configure again? (Automatic, Manual) [Automatic]:"

Please open a bug about this. Not sure exactly what the bug
should say - perhaps that on upgrade, engine-setup should only
touch specific values there, which do not include SSL*File,
perhaps show to the user what we are actually going to change,
perhaps default to 'No' - not sure about this - and change to
'Yes, No'.

[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1558500

>> After reverting this changes everything works as usual but it makes me
>> unsure if I have my 3rd party certificate configured the right way...

You are welcome to review other changes we did and decide for yourself.
See also:

https://www.ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/infra/pki-renew/
https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/migrate-pki-to-sha256/

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Jiri
>>

>> On 05/07/2018 05:41 PM, Jiří Sléžka wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > after upgrade ovirt from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3.5-1.el7.centos I cannot login
>> > into admin portal because
>> >
>> > sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed:
>> > sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
>> > find valid certification path to requested target
>> >
>> > I am using custom 3rd party certificate
>> >
>> > Any hints how to resolve this issue?

I am not sure this should have happened.
If engine-setup replaced all relevant SSL*File options, it should have
worked, and at most you should have received a pop-up in your browser.
Please also check/share engine-setup log from /var/log/ovirt-engine/setup
and the actual changes to ssl.conf.

Thanks!

Best regards,

>> > Thanks in advance,