I had the same problem when I upgraded to 4.2.  I found that if I went to
the brick in the UI and selected it, there was a "start" button in the
upper-right of the gui.  clicking that resolved this problem a few minutes
later.

I had to repeat for each volume that showed a brick down for which that
brick was not actually down.

--Jim