Hi,

I am testing a product that can interface with oVirt API to backup VMs.

The product can use v3 API (for oVirt 3.5.1+) with a proxy VM on oVirt to
backup the VMs to the Export domain.

And it can use v4 API (for oVirt 4+) to backup VMs, and it offers two
methods for that :

   - for oVirt 4+ it can use Disk attachment mode, this mode uses a proxy
   VM on oVirt to attach the snapshot of the VM to be backed-up, and then the
   proxy VM can do the backup of the disk or communicate with an external
   backup software. This mode offers only full backups (pretty similar to v3).

   - for oVirt 4.2+ it can use Disk image transfer, this mode does not need
   a proxy VM, it exports data directly using the oVirt 4.2+ API to the backup
   server, and uses snapshot-chains provided by the new RHV/oVirt, which make
   it possible to have incremental VMs backups.

I cannot get any documentation about the later approach (Disk image
transfer), and my question is : what network does this approach uses to
transfer the backup stream, is it ovirtmgmt network since we're talking to
the API?

My concern is about the bandwidth of this network, especially when
backing-up huge and multiple VMs.

Regards.