On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 10:45 AM, Sharon Gratch <sgra...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Gianluca,
>
> You are right, in oVirt 4.2 we removed the 'Num Of IO Threads' text field
> from the UI because it was decided that one IO thread is the best
> configuration from performance aspects for most cases (according to
> performance testings). We wanted to keep the UI simpler to use.
>
> So in case IO threads is enabled via Webadmin UI, only one IO thread is
> always created.
>
> For REST API the configuration remains unchanged in 4.2, so you can still
> set the number of IO threads to be >= 1 if you want for some reason.
>
> Regards,
> Sharon

Thanks for confirmation.
So I think the manual has to be updated.
Let me know if you want me to open a documentation bug or not.

Have you any suggestion on how to set from the REST API, so that I can make
some tests?
Have you "permission" to detail better the scenario of your test cases,
landing to prefer 1 I/O thread?

Gianluca