Hi!

We use in our test infrastructure a NetApp shared fc storage and wonder how a
backup strategie could look like.
Full backups aren't the problem - trigger HV Snapshots including guest FS
freeze / quiece, trigger NetApp Snapshot, delete HV Snapshots.

Currently I'm struggeling on how to recover those Backups. I would provide the
Snapshot volume to the hosts and import it as a new data domain, so the hosts
have the snapshot disks as logical volumes. But how could I recover
respectively move the content of the snapshot volumes onto the currently used
vm "disk volumes"?
If I have the proof of concept then scripting it to make this process more
comfortable wouldn't be a problem.

How do you do your backups with shared san? How can I provide incremental
Backups?

Thanks for any help!