What do I mean by 'Hosts in Cluster B crashed':

I have (3) events (events during which I twinked with the Data Center A
network) during which I accumulated symptoms:
Event 1:  A handful of the several dozen VMs in Cluster B Paused due to Storage
Issues.  Restarted the VMs to restore service.
Event 2:  Same
Event 3:  One of the (3) Hosts in Cluster B rebooted (that's what I mean by
'crash').  gluster was unhappy also (two of the three Hosts also function as
Gluster Bricks) ... but that could be a byproduct.

At the start of Event 3, I put hosted-engine into global maintenance mode:
hosted-engine --set-maintenance --mode=global
Why?  Because I was imagining that hosted-engine might perform some sort of
connectivity checks with its local IP gateway ... and if it couldn't reach it,
then emit some sort of 'shutdown' commands to *all* the KVM hosts it knows
about (yes, I'm waiving my hands a lot right here ... ergo my interest in
reading about what kind of checks ovirt-engine performs and what kind of
remedial action it might take based on the results of those checks).

You are suggesting that Cluster B depends, storage-wise, on Cluster A (or, more
precisely, on Storage located at Cluster A's site).  That's where my thoughts
turned immediately ... but thus far, I don't see it in the pcaps I've gathering
-- lots of ovirt-engine traffic, but nothing else.  More poking needed.

ovirt 3.5
glusterfs 3.7.6

I want to do more homework, to demonstrate that Cluster B has no storage
dependency on Data Center A.

But back to my original question:  where might I go to better understand what
kind of checks ovirt-engine performs on KVM hosts and what kind of remedial
action it might take, based on the results of those checks?

--sk