On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 11:21:35 +0800
Inquirer Guy <inquirer...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Adding to the below issue, my NODE01 can see the NFS share i created from
> the ENGINE01 which I don't know how it got through because when I add a
> storage domain from the ovirt engine I still get the error

It looks to me like you're doing it the wrong way around. Let me try to explain
how I would set it up:

We have the following:

0. (you should consider using this) all hosts are in DNS, you could just use
the DNS forwarder in your router and map the names to IP's and vice versa and
then tell all the hosts to use the router as the only DNS server.
1. nas01.groms.local to be used as NFS server for storing virtual machines.
2. engine01.groms.local as the oVirt engine
3. node01 as the first hypervisor
4. a NFS share on nas01, i.e. /srv/ovirt/vms

Procedure:

1. make sure that nas01 has the user vdsm with uid/gid=36 and that vdsm is
allowed read/write access on the share(i.e. /srv/ovirt/vms) that you want to
use for vm's.

2. in engine management, create a new storage domain:
        Type: NFS
        Host to use: engine01.groms.local
        Export path: nas01.groms.local:/srv/ovirt/vms

That should give you a usable storage domain for your vm's.

HTH

/tony

--
Tony Albers