Hi,

    Recently I have had 2 oVirt hosts (oVirt 4.2, CentOS 7.5) crash
unexpectedly (not at the same time). Both seem hardware related.

    In both cases oVirt did detect the host as non responsive, did a
fence on the hosts and set the VMs which were running on the host at the
time as "Down". So far, so good.

    The hosts were on 2 different clusters. Both had Migration policy /
resilience policy set to "migrate Virtual Machines". The VMs are not
configured as "Highly available", but my understanding is that with that
resiliency policy, this makes no difference. My (probably wrong)
expectation, is that oVirt should have attempted to start the VMs in
another host. It did not. A colleague started the VMs manually and they
started with no further issues.

    So. How should I configure oVirt to try to start the VMs on another
host when the physical host they are running in crashes?

    Thanks in advance!

--
Eduardo Mayoral.