On Thu, 2018-08-30 at 17:34 +0200, Simone Tiraboschi wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Simone,

> I'd suggest to
> # set global maintenance mode
> hosted-engine --set-maintenance --mode=global
> # shutdown the engine VM
> hosted-engine --vm-shutdown
> # start the engine VM in paused mode with:
> hosted-engine --vm-start-paused
> # set VNC password
> hosted-engine --add-console-password
> # connect to the VM via VNC
> # resume HE VM
> /usr/bin/virsh -c
> qemu:///system?authfile=/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/virsh_auth.conf
> resume
> HostedEngine
> # quick go back to grub menu on the engine VM and follow this:
> https://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/ResetRootPassword

Thank you, this worked great with the caveat that in centos 7 the boot
paramters "rd.break enforcing=0" need to be directly after the kernel,
not at the end of the "linux/linux16/linuxefi" line.

Our hosted engine is now up to date.

GRTNX,
RobJE

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Rob Epping | NOC | Afdeling: +31 88 773 25 86

+31 88 77 325 87 | www.speakup.nl
Institutenweg 6 7521 PK Enschede | Postbus 1330 7500 BH Enschede