On Mon, 24 Sep 2018 07:57:03 +0000
Callum Smith <cal...@well.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear Dominik,
>
> Thanks for taking the time to reply, and sorry for my delay in
> replying. I don't actually want to remove the host from the cluster,
> I want to configure local storage. The whole point of the configure
> local storage tool is to create a new cluster with local storage of
> the machine configured right?

Yes, so the host has to be removed from the old culster, and even from
the old data center.
If you want to configure the default network 'ovirtmgmt' before adding
the host, I expect the following steps should fit your scenario:
1. Create new data center with local storage type
2. Create new cluster in the new data center
3. Modify ovirtmgmt of the new data center
4. Add the host to the new cluster
5. Add new storage domain to the new data center with
   storage type "Local on Host"

Does this fit to your needs?