On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 11:31:04 -0000
p.stanifo...@leedsbeckett.ac.uk wrote:

> Hello,
>          We are currently using oVirt for teaching and one of our
> requirements is for security such as IR PEN testing etc. We would like to
> create individual logical networks with a network profile that includes port
> mirroring, this is to reduce the amount of traffic they can see and the
> targets available.
>
> We are looking to to add VMs into Affinity Groups so they will run on the
> same host to make the port-mirror work but don't no if there is a limit on
> the number of logical networks that is allowed/practical.

I am not aware that oVirt is limiting the number of logical networks.
Beside the 4096 VLANs which are technically allowed.
But I ensure check if the boot and configuration times are acceptable,
if many logical networks are used.

I would be interested to know if using OVN via ovirt-provider-ovn is
helping to speed up boot and configuration times. But I expect
port-mirroring is more complex in OVN.