On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 11:51 AM <silvio.del...@pandasecurity.com> wrote:

> Hello again,
> I created a storage domain. When I put that storage in "Maintenance",
> iSCSI trafic drops to 0. When I activate the storage, iSCSI traffic raises
> to about 7 or 8 Mbps constantly. The storage is empty, no VMs created yet.
> The LUN is created Thin and Compressed in V7000. Any hint?

This may be the normal I/O done for cluster based locking, storage
monitoring
and storage mailbox.

In any host in the cluster:
- sanlock reads 1MiB from the logical volume "domain-uuid/ids" every 20
seconds
  (or 10 seconds, need to check sanlock source).
- vdsm reads 4K from logical volume "domain-uuid/metadata" every 10 seconds
- vdsm refreshes LVM metdata every 300 seconds, running "vgs" and "lvs"
  for every storage domain.
- multipathd checks all LUNs every 20 seconds

On the SPM additionally:
- vdsm reads 10240 bytes from logical volume "domain-uuid/inbox" every 2
seconds

Nir