On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 4:17 PM Josep Manel Andrés Moscardó <
josep.mosca...@embl.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am new to oVirt and trying to deploy a cluster to see whether we can
> move from VMWare to oVirt, but my first stopper is how to do a proper
> design  for the infrastructure,
>
> how many networks do I need?, I have 2x10Gb SFP+ and 4x1Gb ethernet.
>
> For storage we have NFS coming from Netapp and ceph.
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction?

You can use 1G nic for the management network, but note that if you
want to upload and download images we use this network, so best have
a fast enough network for management.

You want separate network for storage (NFS/Ceph) - this your biggest
bottleneck.

Then you want a fast network for VMs. Migrating VMs from host to host
needs also fast network, but is not very common.

It depends also what the VMs are used for - database? desktops?
web servers? rendering nodes?

I guess you can learn from other users.

Nir