On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 11:28 AM Simone Tiraboschi <stira...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 12:45 AM Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I'm configuring a nested self hosted engine environment with 4.2.7 and
>> CentOS 7.5.
>> Domain type is NFS.
>> I deployed with
>>
>> hosted-engine --deploy --noansible
>>
>> All went apparently good but after creating the master storage domain I
>> see that the hosted engine domain is not automatically imported
>> At the moment I have only one host.
>>
>> ovirt-ha-agent status gives every 10 seconds:
>> Nov 09 00:36:30 ovirtdemo01.localdomain.local ovirt-ha-agent[18407]:
>> ovirt-ha-agent
>> ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.agent.hosted_engine.HostedEngine.config.vm ERROR
>> Unable to identify the OVF_STORE volume, falling back to initial vm.conf.
>> Please ensure you already added your first data domain for regular VMs
>>
>> In engine.log I see  every 15 seconds a dumpxml output ad the message:
>>
>> 2018-11-09 00:31:52,822+01 WARN
>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.VdsBrokerObjectsBuilder]
>> (EE-ManagedThreadFactory-engineScheduled-Thread-52) [7fcce3cb] null
>> architecture type, replacing with x86_64, VM [HostedEngine]
>>
>> see full below.
>>
>> Any hint?
>>

> Hi Gianluca,
> unfortunately it's a known regression: it's currently tracked here
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1639604
>
> In the mean time I'd suggest to use the new ansible flow witch is not
> affected by this issue or deploy with an engine-appliance shipped before
> 4.2.5 completing the upgrade on engine side only when everything is there
> as expected.

Thanks Simone,
I scratched and reinstalled using the 4.2. appliance and the default option
(with ansible) executing the command:

 hosted-engine --deploy

It completed without errors and the hosted_engine storage domain and the
HostedEngine inside it were already visible, without the former dependency
to create a data domain
Gianluca