So your VM has IP address 172.1.1.1 and it is running a VNC server?  I do
not believe this is an oVirt issue, it sounds like a VNC issue.

On the VM hosting the VNC server, try checking Netstat to make sure that
VNC is listening.

netstat -tulpn

Once you get the port number, make sure your firewall is allowing the port
as well.

You can also setup the VNC configuration in Guacamole's web interface.  I
run CoreOS as a guest and I have a guacamole instance setup in docker that
I use.