On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 10:38 PM Nir Soffer <nsof...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018, 21:51 Jacob Green <jgr...@aasteel.com wrote:
>>
>>     Ok, so I want to try and more thoroughly explain my situation. I want to
>> better understand what is happening, and if there is a way to force import
>> over the faster connection.
>>
>>     Today I have two Ovirt environments, one on 4.1 and one on 4.2, on the
>> new environment we have migrated to new VLANs for Management and Data.
>>
>>     The export domain is a NFS domain hosted on a Trunas device that has an
>> ip address of X.X.12.100.
>>
>>     Our host has multiple Ethernet connections, one Bonded 20Gigabit
>> interface. That is where we have the ovirtmgmt profile. And a secondary 1
>> Gigabit interface that we call our VLAN12 profile or server VLAN.
>>
>>  The problem.... When importing a VM from the export domain, the import is
>> happening over the 1Gigabit interface on the VLAN12 profile. Instead of the
>> 20gigabit Bonded interface on VLAN 100.
>>
>> My understanding.... So I probably just misunderstand how this works, but
>> here is what I thought should happen, in the Setup Host Network screen for
>> this host I have the ovirtmgmt on VLAN100 with the bonded 20Gigabit
>> interface performing the following. "Management, Display, Migration, VM and
>> Default Route." Then I have the secondary 1 Gigabit interface just doing
>> "VM" on VLAN12. What I thought should happen is that anything Migration
>> related "Includes importing from export domain?"
>
> Importing vms from export domain is a storage operation, and it is nor
> related to migration.
>
> Maybe Dan can explain why accessing storage is done on the wrong network.
>
> Nir
>>
>> shouldd happen on the Migration interface, which in my case is the ovritmgmt
>> interface on VLAN100.
>>
>> I have also confirmed that I can ping from the VLAN100 ovirtmgmt interface
>> to the storage on VLAN12. So there is connectivity from that interface to
>> the storage. What I am trying to figure out is there a way to force it to do
>> imports over the 20Gigabit interface that resides on VLAN100 instead of the
>> slower VLAN12 interface, that is just there for general VM connectivity.
>>

>> Thank you for any advice or guidance on this matter.

Can you share the ip addresses you have set on your host interfaces?
I suspect that your VLAN12 interface has a X.X.12.Y address, sharing
the same subnet as your NFS server. When a hypervisor connects to a
storage server, it prefers using the same subnet.
If you can move your NFS server to VLAN100, you can re-add it to the
data ceneter using its new address. Then, hosts would use the
X.X.100.Y address to connect to it.

HTH,
Dan.