19.11.2018 14:36, Hari Prasanth Loganathan пишет:
Hi Team,

Could someone let me know the difference between creating VM from clone and template in oVirt?
It really looks the same.

I think you can create a "clone based on template" (independent from template) or "thin machine" (dependent from template. if template breaks machine also breaks) ?

How to "creating VM from clone" ?
I'm also new to ovirt and investigating it.

By the way, ovirt/redhat docs says:
When you create a template, you specify the format of the disk to be raw or QCOW2:

    QCOW2 disks are thin provisioned.
    Raw disks on file storage are thin provisioned.
    Raw disks on block storage are preallocated.

I have a hyperconverged install with glusterfs file storage, and when I create template, it is have a "allocation policy = thin provision" automatically.

But when I create new machine without template, I can create new disk image and select allocation policy - thin or preallocated.

Are there a way to create preallocated VMs from template and file storage? I think they will be more reliable/safe and error-prone?