On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 5:43 PM Alexis Grillon <alexis.gril...@meshs.fr>
wrote:

> . Installation :
>
> Each host is installed with the node iso.
> Harddrive are not SSD and are in RAID5 (physical or logical)
> Each harddrive has a standard oVirt node install auto partitionning,
> except for one thing, we reduce the / mount point to make a new
> partition in XFS for the data storage mount point (the partition is
> inside LVM in our case)
>
> . The problem :
>
> We experienced on all of this hosts huge discrepancy between the LVS
> command and DF on usage of the different partition. (sometimes up to a
> 90% difference !)
> Spoiler alert, DF is right, LVM is wrong.
> I think (but i might be wrong), that when we delete -in ovirt- a lot of
> data on the drive, LVM doesn't get all the data about that.

Hi Alexis,
what do you mean with "LVM doesn't get all the data"? Do you use thin
provisioned or something like that?
Otherwise if you create an LV with N Gb in size, that is its size forever
if you don't manually change it.
In any case for block based and file based trim/discard functionalities and
limitations you should read this below if not already done:

https://ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/storage/pass-discard-from-guest-to-underlying-storage/

HIH,
Gianluca