I think the documentation you followed may be a little outdated. From the
new version:

https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/admin-guide/chap-Utilities/

"""
**Important:** The `ovirt-engine-rename` command does not update SSL
certificates, such as `imageio-proxy` or `websocket-proxy`. These must be
updated manually, after running `ovirt-engine-rename`. See "Updating SSL
Certificates" below.

Updating SSL Certificates

Run the following commands after the ovirt-engine-rename command to update
the SSL certificates:

"""

and there are 4 steps there.

Not sure if that's actually what's wrong, though :)

Best wishes,
Greg

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 10:33 AM Douglas Duckworth <dod2...@med.cornell.edu>
wrote:

> For context the service reports to syslog, on ovirt-engine, that it's
> listening on the correct FQDN:
>
> *Dec 15 10:20:57 ovirt-engine journal: 2018-12-15 10:20:57,764-0500
> ovirt-websocket-proxy: INFO msg:871   - Listen on correct_fqdn:6100*
>
> My /etc/ovirt-engine/ovirt-websocket-proxy.conf.d/10-setup.conf:
>
> PROXY_PORT=6100
> SSL_CERTIFICATE=/etc/pki/ovirt-engine/certs/websocket-proxy.cer
> SSL_KEY=/etc/pki/ovirt-engine/keys/websocket-proxy.key.nopass
> CERT_FOR_DATA_VERIFICATION=/etc/pki/ovirt-engine/certs/engine.cer
> SSL_ONLY=True
> PROXY_HOST=ovirt-engine.med.cornell.edu
> TRACE_ENABLE=True
> TRACE_FILE=/var/log/ovirt_websocket_proxy
>
> In addition I don't see any trace output to the file
> "/var/log/ovirt_websocket_proxy"
>
> Thanks,
>
> Douglas Duckworth, MSc, LFCS
> HPC System Administrator
> Scientific Computing Unit <https://scu.med.cornell.edu>
> Weill Cornell Medicine
> 1300 York Avenue
> New York, NY 10065
> E: d...@med.cornell.edu
> O: 212-746-6305
> F: 212-746-8690
>

> On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 4:54 PM Douglas Duckworth <dod2...@med.cornell.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I change the hostname of my hosted engine using script below:
>>

>> https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/networking/changing-engine-hostname/
>>
>> However, as shown attached, the old hostname of "ovirt-engine.pbtech"
>> seems to still be expected for some reason.  As a result I cannot connect
>> to VMs via console.
>>
>> Any idea on how to make WSS to use the proper hostname?
>>
>> In file "
>> https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/networking/changing-engine-hostname/";
>> I defined "PROXY_HOST=FQDN" then restarted ovirt-websocket-proxy.service
>> but no change.
>>
>> *Thanks very much!*
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Douglas Duckworth, MSc, LFCS
>> HPC System Administrator
>> Scientific Computing Unit <https://scu.med.cornell.edu>
>> Weill Cornell Medicine
>> 1300 York Avenue
>> New York, NY 10065
>> E: d...@med.cornell.edu
>> O: 212-746-6305
>> F: 212-746-8690

GREG SHEREMETA

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - TEAM LEAD - RHV UX

Red Hat NA

<https://www.redhat.com/>

gsher...@redhat.com    IRC: gshereme
<https://red.ht/sig>