Il giorno mar 1 gen 2019 alle ore 03:26 <jaherr...@usa.net> ha scritto:

> Hi, I working on a CentOS7 based Ovirt 3.6 system (ovirt-engine/db on one
> machine, two separate ovirt vm hosts) which has been running fine but
> mostly ignored for 2-3 of years.  Recently it was decided to update the OS
> as it was far behind on security updates, so one host was put into
> maintenance mode, yum update'd, rebooted, and then it was attempted to take
> out of maintenance mode but it's "non-responsive" now.

Hi, please note oVirt 3.6 is no longer supported.
While waiting for 4.3 I would recommend to replace the non-responsive node
with an oVirt 4.2.8 + CentOS 7.6 or oVirt Node 4.2.8 and plan to upgrade
the whole data center.

> If I look in /var/log/ovirt-engine/engine.log on the engine machine I see
> for this host (vmserver2):
>
> "ERROR
> [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.GetCapabilitiesVDSCommand]
> (DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-36) [2bc0978d] Command
> 'GetCapabilitiesVDSCommand(HostName = vmserver2,
> VdsIdAndVdsVDSCommandParametersBase:{runAsync='true',
> hostId='6725086f-42c0-40eb-91f1-0f2411ea9432',
> vds='Host[vmserver2,6725086f-42c0-40eb-91f1-0f2411ea9432]'})' execution
> failed: org.ovirt.vdsm.jsonrpc.client.ClientConnectionException: Connection
> failed"  and thereafter more errors.  This keep repeating in the log.
>
> In the Ovirt GUI I see multiple occurrences of log entries for the problem
> host:
>
> "vmserver2...command failed: Vds timeout occurred"
> "vmserver2...command failed: Heartbeat exceeded"
> "vmserver2...command failed: internal error: Unknown CPU model
> Broadwell-noTSX-IBRS"
>
> Firewall rules look identical to the host which is working normally but
> has not been updated.
>
> Any thoughts about how to fix or further troubleshoot this?

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA R&D RHV

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbona...@redhat.com
<https://red.ht/sig>