On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 15:57:24 +0100
Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 2:47 PM Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 10:51 PM Dominik Holler <dhol...@redhat.com> wrote:

> >> Communication from Engine to ovirt-provider-ovn via OpenStack API looks
> >> good. The problem seems to be in the communication from
> >> ovirt-provider-ovn to engine's sso.
> >> The hostname to resolve seems to be 'engine-host'.
> >>

> > Hi all, so it seems that updating from 4.2.7 to 4.2.8 wiped the file
> > entirely...
> >
> > In fact now I only have:
> >
> >  [root@ovmgr1 ~]# ll /etc/ovirt-provider-ovn/conf.d/
> > total 4
> > -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 194 Jan 14 16:18 README
> > [root@ovmgr1 ~]#
> >
> > While on another similar environment in 4.2.7 I still have:
> >
> > [root@ovirt ~]# ll /etc/ovirt-provider-ovn/conf.d/
> > total 8
> > -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 561 Dec 31  2017 10-setup-ovirt-provider-ovn.conf
> > -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 194 Oct 17 05:56 README
> > [root@ovirt ~]#
> >
> > So in my updated environment I think it tries to use the default file
> > values in /etc/ovirt-provider-ovn/ovirt-provider-ovn.conf
> > [OVIRT]
> > ovirt-host=https://engine-host
> >
> > The question now is why it has been wiped out?
> > This environment has external VM working as ovirt engine, so not SHE.
> >
> > I see that engine-backup doesn't run backup of the
> > /etc/ovirt-provider-ovn/ ... could it be useful to include it?

Sounds like a valuable idea, would you create a bug?

> > I should have a VSPhere image backup of the VM so I should be able to
> > restore the file. I'll see...
> >
> > In the mean time could it be the update of the package has been the
> > responsible?
> > Eg, in my 4.2.7 env I currently have ovirt-provider-ovn-1.2.16-1.el7.noarch
> > The update to 4.2.8 in the other system has put
> > in ovirt-provider-ovn-1.2.18-1.el7.noarch
> >
> > HIH debugging
> > Gianluca
> >

> My update from 4.2.7 to 4.2.8 has been executed on 29th of January around
> 18:00
> I have restored a VM image the day before and it seems that
> the  /etc/ovirt-provider-ovn/conf.d/10-setup-ovirt-provider-ovn.conf was
> not there even before the update....
>
> The diff between the
> previous /etc/ovirt-provider-ovn/ovirt-provider-ovn.conf and the new one
> put in place by the update is
>
> [root@ovmgr1 ovirt-provider-ovn]# diff old_ovirt-provider-ovn.conf
> ovirt-provider-ovn.conf
> 11a12
> > url_filter_exception=limit,page_reverse,next,previous
> [root@ovmgr1 ovirt-provider-ovn]#
>
> At this point, as it has been some time I didn't power up  VMs on OVN in
> this environment, I go back with past updates.
> On this environment the OVN part was installed manually when not yet
> included in standard setup.
> So I find this thread of mine about update from 4.1.9 to 4.2.3 on May 2018
> I had a doubt about OVN and update and posted here:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/users@ovirt.org/msg48491.html

Thanks for figuring this out.

> So based on Marcin feedback I selected NO for ovirt-ovn-provider question
> and perhaps the following updates caused file to be removed... perhaps...

This file is generated by engine-setup if Yes is selected for
ovirt-ovn-provider, so I expect the file never existed.

> How can I solve now?

Remove or rename the ovirt-provider-ovn provider in oVirt Engine, if it
already exsits and run engine-setup with answer-file that has
'OVESETUP_OVN/ovirtProviderOvn' enabled:
'OVESETUP_OVN/ovirtProviderOvn=bool:True' should do the trick.

Didi, can you please ack that this will not destroy something except
ovirt-provider-ovn related things?