On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 5:29 PM Brian T <deliciouscardboar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm pretty new to using oVirt; it's been a couple of months since I've
> installed it. I apologize if this question has been answered; I've been
> digging around for a straight answer.
>
> As the title suggest, is it possible to customize the web-ui/User
> Portal/VM Portal portion of oVirt? I know the web-ui portion seems
> completely separate from WebAdmin. Based on the documentation and what I
> can scrounge up, web-ui was made with React and Patternfly? I would love to
> tinker with adding more features to our VM Portal; thank you!

This is great to hear :) Would you mind sharing your ideas? We have some
pretty cool stuff going on right now, and we would love contributions from
the community! You are welcome to join the project at any time. Enhancing
it for yourself would be cool, but enhancing it for everyone would be even
better :D

Yes, it's written in react and uses PatternFly for most of the look. It's a
pretty typical react / redux application and uses redux-saga. There is
limited branding functionality if you're looking to change colors and logos
and such. If you want to do more than that, it requires some JavaScript
code.

We do all of the work in https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-web-ui/
Additionally, our design work lives in
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JHhQfi32uZd7V8XpoIcdNIUIZd-tmV9I

Feel free to browse the code, the issues list, and the designs, and let me
know your thoughts.

Best wishes,
Greg

GREG SHEREMETA

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - TEAM LEAD - RHV UX

Red Hat NA

<https://www.redhat.com/>

gsher...@redhat.com    IRC: gshereme
<https://red.ht/sig>