This is something i would like to know too
As far as I know, copy paste with SPICE only works in graphical mode, with
a X session running. Before X is starded, while in the console, no
copy/paste is possible.

However, with virt-manager, it is possible to copy paste directly in the
serial console of a vm installed with "--no-graphics"
This is a feature of virt-manager I deeply miss if it's not possible to
make it work with VNC/SPICE remote consoles.

What would be great is the possibility to connect directly to the serial
console of the vm from ovirt-manager (I think that's what virt-manager is
doing seamlessly when no graphic hw is configured for the vm).

Guillaume Pavese
Ingénieur Système et Réseau
Interactiv-Group