On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 2:39 PM Magnus Isaksson <mag...@vmar.se> wrote:

> I have 2 hosts per cluster, and i have 2 clusters, 4 hosts (its an Huawei
> x6000)
>
> I know oVirt don't support disperse, that's why i run gluster outside of
> oVirt.
> And doing that i get a bit more freedom with setting up gluster.
> So what would be an good setup to be able to use as much space as possible
> and some redundancy with the 4 hosts i have?

Even if you run gluster outside of oVirt, you are using the disperse
volume as storage domain?

For a supported config, you can create a distributed-replica+arbiter
gluster volume. Since you have 12 disks, you can use a 5 x 3 (arbiter)
setup, where a disk is partitioned to multiple arbiter bricks,
something like this (c11,c12, a31, a32 are arbiter bricks) :

a1 b1 c11
a2 b2 c12
     b3 c13 d1
a31     c2 d2