On 2019-04-22 14:48, adrianquint...@gmail.com wrote:
Hello,
I have a 3 node Hyperconverged setup with gluster and added 3 new
nodes to the cluster for a total of 6 servers.

I am now taking advantage of more compute power but cant scale out my
storage volumes.

Current Hyperconverged setup:
- host1.mydomain.com ---> Bricks: engine data1 vmstore1
- host2.mydomain.com ---> Bricks: engine data1 vmstore1
- host3.mydomain.com ---> Bricks: engine data1 vmstore1

From these 3 servers we get the following Volumes:
- engine(host1:engine, host2:engine, host3:engine)
- data1  (host1:data1, host2:data1, host3:data1)
- vmstore1  (host1:vmstore1, host2:vmstore1, host3:vmstore11)

The following are the newly added servers to the cluster, however as
you can see there are no gluster bricks
- host4.mydomain.com
- host5.mydomain.com
- host6.mydomain.com

I know that the bricks must be added in sets of 3 and per the first 3
hosts that is how it was deployed thru the web UI.

Questions:
-how can i extend the gluster volumes engine, data1 and vmstore using
host4, host5 and host6?
-Do I need to configure gluster volumes manually through the OS CLI in
order for them to span amongst all 6 servers?
-If I configure the fail storage scenario manually will oVirt know
about it?, will it still be hyperconverged?

I have only seen 3 host hyperconverged setup examples with gluster,
but have not found examples for 6, 9 or 12 host cluster with gluster.
I know it might be a lack of understanding from my end on how ovirt
and gluster integrate with one another.

If you can point me in the right direction would be great.

thanks,

Rebalance is needed to take advantage of the new storage immediately and make most efficient use of it, but it is very IO heavy. So only do this during down time, You can go ahead and add the bricks and wait for a maintenance window to do the rebalance.