I too am suffering from this. Whilst a proper oVirt-configuration item would be
ideal, the RFE suggests that there is a manual work-around for setting
sanlock's io_timeout, albeit not recommended. Could anyone share what it is?

It seems clear from the sanlock code that io_timeout is the only configurable
item, and that the renewal fail timeout is 8 x io_timeout. In that case,
increasing the io_timeout from the default of 10 to 15 should cover me.

https://pagure.io/sanlock/blob/master/f/src/timeouts.h
https://pagure.io/sanlock/blob/master/f/src/timeouts.c

Searching suggests two different ways. Firstly, putting, e.g. SANLOCKOPTS="-o
15", in /etc/sysconfig/sanlock, though the sanlock docs do not confirm that
should work and the search hits are all very old. Secondly, as oVirt is using
libvirt, setting io_timeout=15 in /etc/libvirt/qemu-sanlock.conf.

Does anyone know if either of those work? Or if there's another way?

Thanks,

Jon