> On 6 Oct 2016, at 10:44, Lentes, Bernd <bernd.len...@helmholtz-muenchen.de>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> i'd like to create this basic setup:
> Two hosts with SLES 11 SP4, 10-15 guests (Windows 7, SLES, Ubuntu). SAN with
> several TB, attached via FC, formatted with OCFS2.
> VM's will run with kvm and libvirt. I'd like to have live migration.
> Would ovirt be possible in this setup, would i have a benefit ? Easy
> administration, s.th. like that ?

Hi,
with only two hosts it’s likely a bit too small setup to “waste” resources on
administration tool overhead the size of oVirt. It’s doable (supposing you
replace SLES 11 on hosts, oVirt has only guest support for SLES. CentOS/RHEL
would be the best bet), but with only 2 hosts a bunch of scripts and
virt-manager is likely a more effective solution.

Thanks,
michal

> Thanks.
>

> Bernd
>
> --
> Bernd Lentes
>
> Systemadministration
> institute of developmental genetics
> Gebäude 35.34 - Raum 208
> HelmholtzZentrum München
> bernd.len...@helmholtz-muenchen.de
> phone: +49 (0)89 3187 1241
> fax: +49 (0)89 3187 2294
>
> Erst wenn man sich auf etwas festlegt kann man Unrecht haben
> Scott Adams
>

> Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
> Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
> Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
> 85764 Neuherberg
> www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
> Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
> USt-IdNr: DE 129521671

IMPORTANT!
This message has been scanned for viruses and phishing links.
However, it is your responsibility to evaluate the links and attachments you
choose to click.
If you are uncertain, we always try to help.
Greetings helpd...@actnet.se