Hi,

"Andreas Elvers" <andreas.elvers+ovirtfo...@solutions.work> writes:

> Maybe I overlooked the information, but in recent RHVE 4.3 docs the
> information how to use the export storage domain have been removed and
> there is no alternative to do so, but to detach a data domain and
> attach it somewhere else. But how can I move my VMs one by one to a
> new storage domain on a different datacenter without completely
> detaching the original storage domain?

I was under the impression that you just needed a regular (second) data
domain in lieu of the (deprecated) export domain.  So you attach a new
data domain, then migrate the VM over to it, then you can detach the
data domain and attach it to another datacenter.

> I don't want to bring down all of my VMs on the old storage domain for
> import. I want to export and import them one by one. When all VMs are
> moved to the new data center only then I want to decommission
> the old data center.
>
> What is the rationale to deprecate the export storage and already
> remove documentation when there seems to be no alternative available?

IANAD, but I believe the rationale was that there was no need for a
"special case" domain.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com